“WHY WEREN’T WE TAUGHT THIS STUFF WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER?!”
RECOMMENDED FOR SCHOOLS WHO:
RECOMMENDED FOR SCHOOLS WHO:
- Sporting Excellence Program enquiries – please visit our ATHLETE PAGE for overview & focus areas.
- Surfing Excellence Program enquiries – please visit our SURF PAGE for overview & benefits.
Highly educational, engaging & interactive presentation with so many takeaways for both schooling, sporting & personal life.
Workshops begin with a highly educational, engaging & interactive presentation with so many takeaways both as a student & life outside of this environment. Knowledge however is only as good as its practical use, so the practical immersion component is where students get to take their new physical & mental tools & techniques for a test run at varying intensities. Activities range from being moderately challenging (yet fun!) to extremely relaxing, where students will be guided through many of the same activities as the world champs we’ve worked with, discovering how to turn intensity or overwhelm in to calmness or clarity. To finish, they will be guided into a space where a profound sense of calmness will be experienced that is usually the calmest they’ve ever felt.
- Venue for Presentation with large projector screen or TV
- We have specific venue requirements for the practical immersion components which will be discussed on enquiry.
- Medical/Liability Form for participants
- Minimum age 12 years.
- Ability to swim 100m unassisted, bring fins if not a strong swimmer (at least they have the option to use/not use).
- Goggles (not a dive mask), we do have spares.
- Towel & Water bottle
- Swimmers, Board-shorts or Surf wetsuits – we will advise as this is venue & temperature We lose heat 20-25 times faster in water than on land. They’ll be in water for a lengthy period of time & it’s no fun and way harder if when they get cold.
MY STUDENTS HAVE BECOME MORE RESILIENT AND EMPOWERED IN ALL SPHERES OF LIFE AS A RESULT. As a teacher being exposed to various stress management strategies is crucial, particularly as our lives and the world becomes more complicated. If young people have these strategies that they can draw from at a young age they are more likely to become a full functioning adult. They too are also more likely to support others and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. The self belief that has been instilled and the awareness of themselves is second to none.
THIS TRAINING KEPT 13-18 YEAR OLDS ENGAGED IN THE LEARNING WHILST CHALLENGING THEIR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CAPABILITIES. As the surfing excellence coordinator at Miami SHS, we were looking to engage our students in a world class program to strengthen the knowledge and skills of our young surfers. Nam delivered his breath enhancement training in a way that kept 13-18year olds engaged in the learning whilst challenging their physical and mental capabilities. His program has formed a solid foundation for our students where they now implement the skills learnt into their own performance environments. Miami can't thank Nam enough!
MATT EASTWELLSurfing Excellence Co-ordinator, Miami SHS
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Palm Beach Currumbin SHS has used Nam and his Breath Enhancement training with both students and staff. His philosophy fits perfectly with our whole person development approach within our sports excellence programs. He is an exceptional presenter who can relate to and engage all groups. Highly recommended.